Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Comfort, Memory Food!"

"Comfort, Memory Food" I think I have a new phrase "Comfort, Memory Food"...lol...this Christmas it has been over a year since my mom and my Kokum have passed away, and in the moments during this season my emotions were triggered by missing them, and the way that I chose to act out that missing them was wanting the food that they used to make for us on special occasions...my mom used to make tapioca when we were little and my Kokum used to make rice pudding...I know it may sound corny, but we all have our comfort food, but for a moment I indulged in the "Comfort, Memory Food," that they used to prepare for us...it makes for a nice warm memory and moment, if you allow it to...I know for some they indulge because they are hurting, but for me, it was just to remember the tender loving care that they used to take to make something that they used to take the time to make for us...

Anyway, Happy Holidays to everyone, and for the moments that you build with your children, remember that they really do count, and they come back for them in the future in ways that may feel very special.

"Comfort, Memory Food!"....mmm...lol...Yeah...I think I like that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays to you to and a great new year!