Monday, April 21, 2008

April 17-2008, Just A Memory

I saw the shadows in your eyes and thought about where they lead
I heard the gentleness in your voice and knew that there was more to you than the whispers I heard in my heart
I read the letters in your heart, and remember who you are
It was the color that life has cloaked you with that seems so vibrant to me
It is the shades that have helped carve into you that keep my dreams full of memories
At the brink of the dawn is where the songs seem to cradle my heart with yours
Its at the end of the sunset that the feeling that envelopes me is quiet words
Forgetting is not something so easy to do
How can one forget, How can one put away, moments that keep us connected and remind us we are only human

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great poem - very nice and well written. May favorite line:

"At the brink of the dawn is where the songs seem to cradle my heart with yours"

It's very poetic and image filled.