Monday, December 11, 2006

Engrafted Word

I was watching a message today, and the preacher was talking about the engrafted word that is able to save your souls. He made the statement that in order for you to receive a graft you could not do the surgery yourself, and that it hurts and it itches as a sign of healing. The word must be engrafted by someone other than yourself, so it must be engrafted by God or by a man of God, and those that receive it must receive it through meekness. It is true, because you cannot receive it with an arrogant attitude, because there would be no way for you to effectively receive it if you did not fully believe (your body be able to accept the graft without rejecting it) if you did not believe that you needed it.

I was tempted to do an absolute quote from this sermon, perhaps when I have time I will. I have heard this before, but it made deeper sense this time and even more so than it ever has before.

No comments: