Thursday, July 12, 2007

Research

I had to go to the University Bookstore yesterday to see if I could get a book, but alas it was not there...but I took another little adventure instead...which is my ritual when I end up there.

I went to look at the children's books, crafts, and other fun things they seem to stock. I picked up a puzzle for my son and some First Nations story books for him. It was great I get to read to my son and buy some books in order to research what is already out in the market for First Nations Children's books at the same time.

I sat down to read them all last night, and by the end I was so relaxed that I actually just wanted to go to bed. Isn't that the way a bedtime story should feel I thought to myself. A nice little story that makes you feel like you are relaxed and whole.

Anyway, food for thought...I will look around some more, and with my meanderings I will be able to read my son a few wonderful stories too...

4 comments:

SocietyVs said...

Awesome - reading and listening are great skills to develop - which he will need to utilize in this country. Also I think this is great for the imagination.

Mr West said...

I am a Native Author and Artist with such a book. It is told in storytelling style with the grandparents retelling myth, legends and fact to their city grandchildren. It is a small book of 7 short stories complete with my sketches and full-color paintings. It is reading for all ages bridging age,race and religion.

Mr West said...

Previous blog I forgot to name the book; the title is "Stories Moshum & Kokum Told Me" available through amazon.ca or www.wingatepress.com .

My Garden said...

.