Friday, June 1, 2007

Freedom Writers

"Freedom Writers" is based on a true story, and I just finished watching it today on my day off. It was very well done and moving. It supported what I have known about people, sometimes you have to bring the truth to them in an unappologetic way and then once you get a place to start a commitment to change can happen.

It was a real story about how the world really changes, we make a choice, make the commitment and put as I put it "feet to our prayers."

It is not just words or prayers that change the world and move this generation it is also action.

It was truly a good movie.

Rent it, and Watch it.

1 comment:

SocietyVs said...

I saw the movie about a month ago - I found the story very refereshing and touching - I always like to see 'good news' come to a place that needed it most. Stace and I try to encourage a friend of ours who works in Cornwall Alternative (similar situation) - and we all discussed the movie. Apparently, she is having more struggle with younger grades (6-7) than the lady in freedom writers (grade 9). Still, I think the idea that people are not beyond hope is an awesome thing to remember.