Sunday, June 3, 2007

Pre-School Graduation

Well, I wasn't given very many details just a little note with a few sentences on it saying that my son would need to wear black pants, white shirt, and a black tie as he was to be paticipating in the Pre-School Graduation on June 3, 2007. So, as any good mother would I commenced the hunt to find a little black tie and a white shirt, because you just don't buy a white shirt for my son's age it just won't stay white. Anyway, so I commenced the hunt, and at first I wasn't certain I would find what I needed but alas I did. My son was sooooooo excited to pick out a couple of belts too and feel like a real little man. So in the excitement I bought him a couple of little suit jackets too, just becuase he was so enthralled with dressing up so...

It was alot of fun, I told my boyfriend about it, and I could hear how proud he was of my son too. It was a great moment.

The day was stressful for other reasons, but putting those things aside my son did so well and I am so proud of him. At two moments he could have chosen to cry, but instead he was my brave little man and listened so well and got through everything he was directed to do by his teachers.

It is moments like these that will be bitter sweet for the rest of our lives, perhaps one day the bitter part will be so little though that the sweet part will override the stressful parts.

We watched the video and the only thing that my son kept saying the whole time was "where are you in the movie mommy?" I thought he would have focussed on other things, and I kept assuring him that I was taking his picture, and right there too. I am not sure why he worries so...I am always there, perhaps it is his way of just making sure...

I thought about having someone take out picture together after it was all over but it had started to rain and I barely got a picture of my son holding his little Graduation Certificate for the year and getting him to smile for me too. Oh, well, there are other days, and we had a nice day after the rain stopped, we spent the day outside getting him to learn how to pedal his bike properly.

1 comment:

SocietyVs said...

Cool - so now he gets into kindergarten - awesome. I think it sounded like a fun time to see him graduate and become one year older (and smarter). I think he will be a very bright kid and will be able to handle all of life's challenges with a grain of salt. He sounds like a great kid!