Saturday, June 23, 2007

New to Me

Well, around about May 4, 2007 my radiator blew up and my transmission cooked. I had gotten an oil change at one of those 10 minute places, and they checked my transmission fluid, and they did not put things back together properly. So, my truck would have costed $6000.00 to get fixed and I would have had to wait 3 weeks before I got it back, and I was in Calgary on a trip for work.

I was going to trade my 11 year old truck in after I was done paying for it, but to my dismay things happened. I made the decision to see if they had any used trucks that would be affordable for me to get instead. I thought if nothing else if I could not then I would rent one to get home.

I was fortunate to get a "new to me" vehicle (it is used). I have always felt that getting a used vehicle is to my advantage, because you will get it for half the price. So, that is what I did, and they refinanced what I had left on the old truck and helped me out. At the end of the day I was not dis-heartened but was glad that things worked out. My son and I were safe and things were not tragic and in the end I have a vehicle that is truly road worthy. My truck gave me some good safe years of driving, and it was unfortunate that I was not able to keep it for a couple more years. I liked that truck, but things do happen. My son misses the old truck more than I do though, he refers to it sometimes.

I had feedback from some wondering why I wasn't severely upset. I would have been truly upset if I had just bought the truck, but since it was 11 years old and seen its days and I had put so many miles on it I just felt I should let it go. If you have to put more money into the truck than its worth it is time to let go. Maybe that it a lesson for the rest of life too...LOL

Anyway, to my new sunroof, and CD Player, Tape machine and MP3 player in my truck...I don't see the need, but I guess it is standard in vehicles from this decade and someday I may even get around to using you, but for today, my son is the one who enjoys the sunroof even more than any of the adults who ride in the vehicle.

Kids and their toys...eh!

I know I have gotten a truly good deal when this truck gets to be 12 years old and I am still driving it wherever I need to be...!

Maybe I better wait to see how long my boyfriend keeps his vehicle, ...LOL

Anyway, enough analagies

2 comments:

My Garden said...

.

SocietyVs said...

Vehicles...gotta hate the hassle of fixing them. Hopefully the new truck works out.