Sunday, April 1, 2007

Ritual for Motivation

We all have our own ways of motivating ourselves I think especially with the things that we don't like to do. Cleaning is not a hobby that I have ever been in love with although I don't hate it either. I suppose the thing is that it is just very time consuming at a point in my life when I budget my time for everything.

So, I start doing things that will get me going, like I will do the dishes, then start the laundry, then move on to sweeping the floors, then mopping and as I get that done then I get near the bathroom and scrub every inch...don't get me wrong I am not a cleaning Nazi or anything...I just have a pattern and there are some things that just must be done and every inch must be gotten too.

Dusting, is another thing, I don't do that religiously, as it is one thing that doesn't catch my eye until I see a dust bunny somewhere I would rather not have seen it.

My one pet peeve is flyers and junk mail, I am totally obsessed with dumping them in the garbage faster than anyone can catch the darn things in the house. I find that the less I keep them around the slower dust builds up. My personal desk space could use an overhaul, but that gets cleaned out every couple of months from old research material and other odds and ends that end up on it because of school.

I probably don't even do as much as other people do to clean my home, because I don't remember the last time I actually polished my furniture (you see it is oak, and what a shame I have not pulled it apart to take some oak polish to it). It must be having the three year old, but really he is not bad. It is really a struggle when my relatives come over and they seem to bring a whirlwind inside my home, and then I spend some good times starting over again. Gotta love company though, and with that comes the whole shabang all over again.

I don't mind I have my rituals, where I do certain things during the week and then catch up on the rest on the weekend. I don't know why I even thought about it today, but for a second I thought about the ritual I have to get me started...

I suppose it is because I do other things also, just to change the tide if something unfavorable happens, and had analyzed that today too, funny eh? One thing got me analyzing some other thing...

No comments: